Monday – Thursday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm
Courses available roll on, roll off (meaning you can enrol throughout the year)
- City and Guilds Start IT (iTQ)
Progression from Computers for the Terrified (see below) or suitable for those who have keyboard and mouse skills. An introduction to wordprocessing, IT fundamentals and using Internet and email.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Award/Certificate for IT Users
Units that can be covered in the qualification include: wordprocessing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation graphics, desktop publishing, security for IT users and improving productivity in IT.
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate for IT Users
Units that can be covered in the qualification include: wordprocessing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation graphics and improving productivity in IT.
Taught courses available at the Centre are:
- Computers for the Terrified
This course includes a brief introduction to a computer, wordprocessing and Internet and email. The course is suitable for complete beginners and there are no entry requirements.
- NOCN Business Administration Award Level 1
Covering filing skills, main classifications of filing, cross referencing and tracing files, Data Proctection Act, understanding business communication, effective and ineffective communication and individual and group behaviour in teams.
- FREE Work Club – covering confidence building, interview skills, mock interviews, job search, completing CVs/training/job application forms
If you are interested in any of the above courses please contact the Centre.
A Careers Adviser is also available at the Centre, by appointment, to give you FREE advice on jobs and training opportunities.